Every Day is Earth Day is Our House
We have a big litter problem in the neighborhood where I work, I have decided to have my Consulate Kids do a clean up around our campus to earn an event stamp. After all, Earth Day is coming on April 22, 2018, and I think it will be a great way to honor that day with them. We will need:
- Trash bags (look for the biodegradable kind, or use paper)
- Disposable gloves
- Images of animals harmed by trash
Here are some great websites you can share with your kids, featuring photo of animals harmed by trash. Some of the images are a bit disturbing, but they will get your kids motivated to pick up the plastic.
- One Green Planet
- Animals and Ocean Trash on Pinterest
- Don’t Release Balloons by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Excellent Article on Ocean Trash for the older kids by Science Daily
- Huff Post article with powerful images
Begin the event by sharing some of these photos with your kids. Talk with them about trying to not litter any more, and to pick up other people’s trash whenever they can.
Happy Earth Day Everyone!
* * * *
If you found this post interesting, please share it with your friends on social media. Don’t forget to take a moment to explore our website, join our mailing list, take one of our Internet classes, or write a comment bellow.