Have your kids take
The Global Friendship Oath
Global Friendship Oath
By accepting my role as Global Deputy-Consul, I hereby pledge:
- To actively learn about and befriend people who are not always like me, including people from different countries, cultures, religions, races, ages, eras, and classes.
- To look for ways to reach out to, and learn from people who are not always like me, including people of different countries, cultures, religions, races, ages, eras, genders, temperaments, and classes.
- To explore my own culture and family history.
- To gladly share my culture and history with my new global friends.
- To promote understanding, acceptance, and diversity.
- To reject prejudice, bulling, and the labeling of others.
- To respect and protect all global inhabitants, be they human, plant, or animal.
- To always check my facts and sources before sharing information about others, so that I don’t spread rumors, inaccuracies, or untruths–either in person or on the Internet.
- To collect Global Friendship Stamps in my Global Passport by participating in, and helping with, my Consulate’s Global Friendship Events.
Deputy-Consul’s Signature: ____________________
Consulate’s Authorization: _____________________
Date Witnessed: ____________________________
Once they have taken their oath, they get to earn their stamps.